The ISSA Hygieia Network Mentoring Program facilitates one-to-one mentoring relationships that connect mentees with leaders in the cleaning industry to learn and develop.
The program includes: step-by-step guidelines, tips, activities and more for the mentee and mentor.
Did you know?
- In the U.S., women earn almost 60 percent of undergraduate degrees, yet they make up only 14.6 percent of executive officers, 8.1 percent of top earners and 4.6 percent of Fortune 500 CEOs.
- Currently, six in ten (61 percent) millennials benefit from having somebody to turn to for advice, or who helps develop their leadership skills, such as a mentor.
- Employee retention is a challenge for nearly every business, but within the jan/san industry alone, the annual turnover rate is approximately 300 percent.
Why is mentoring important?
- Employees are promoted 5 times more often than those not in a mentoring program.
- 1 in 4 employees who were mentored earned a salary change.
- 78 percent of people benefit from having a mentor to develop their leadership skills.
Take the first step in furthering your professional development by
Why Become a Mentor?
- DEVELOP feedback and critical thinking skills
- ADVANCE your leadership skills
- DRIVE CHANGE and help others
- GAIN a better understanding of the challenges within the industry
Why Become a Mentee?
- DEVELOP and enhance your skill set
- ESTABLISH confidence in dealing with issues
- GAIN hands-on experience and helpful feedback from experienced professionals
- ACHIEVE your career goals
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell